LONDON, Ontario, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Colombian Ministry of National Defence has awarded a USD$65.3 million contract to General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada for 24 Light Armoured Vehicles (LAVs) for the Colombian Army. General Dynamics Land Systems, the Canadian company's parent corporation, is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
The contract was signed through the Canadian Commercial Corporation, a Crown Agency of the Government of Canada.
This contract was a priority acquisition by the Colombian Ministry of National Defence and provides a new capability for the Army. Vehicles provided under this contract will be the LAV III version with double-V hull technology and add-on armour that provides crew members with the latest in protection against mine blasts, IEDs and other threats. All vehicles will be equipped with a Rafael Remote Controlled Weapon Station. Deliveries will be completed by May 2014.
Dr. Sridhar Sridharan, senior vice-president and general manager for International Operations, General Dynamics Land Systems, said, "We are proud to have been selected by the Colombian military to meet their armoured vehicle requirement and look forward to establishing a long-term relationship with this very important customer."For information about General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada, please visit www.gdlscanada.com. More information about General Dynamics is available on the Internet at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV