HOPKINTON, Mass., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
EMC ® today announced:
- New EMC VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure configurations for virtualized SharePoint environments accelerate deployment and adoption.
- VSPEX is based on best-of-breed storage, virtualization, server and network technology.
- When used with EMC's award-winning unified storage and backup and recovery technologies in a virtualized SharePoint environment, VSPEX can help customers tune SharePoint storage performance in 80% less time, shorten SharePoint provisioning by 4X, and reduce time to manage backup by 81%.
- According to the latest end-user study from IDC¹, more SharePoint was deployed on EMC storage than any other technology vendor.
- EMC also announced updates for all 14 of the original VSPEX configurations to ensure customers can choose from the latest technology when deploying their VSPEX, as well as an online education and sales enablement center and simplified technical documentation for partners.
Full Story:EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced new EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure configurations optimized for virtualized Microsoft SharePoint environments. VSPEX provides customers the power to choose the hypervisor, server, and network technology they prefer to go along with EMC's award-winning VNX ® and VNXe ® unified storage and EMC Data Domain ®, EMC Avamar ® and EMC NetWorker ® backup and recovery solutions to address the uniqueness of their SharePoint environments. The simple, efficient and flexible VSPEX for SharePoint configuration can scale from 1,000 users up to 10,000 users and can be used with all of the private cloud solutions in the VSPEX catalog. Since its April 2012 launch, EMC partners have sold hundreds of VSPEX, which offer a wide variety of configurations enabling channel partners to accommodate a diverse range of customer deployment preferences. Today EMC also announced updates for all 14 of the original VSPEX configurations to ensure customers can choose from the latest technology when deploying their VSPEX, as well as an online education and sales enablement center and simplified technical documentation for partners. Organizations implement SharePoint to improve internal and external productivity and collaboration. For many customers, SharePoint is often deployed in a highly distributed model that can result in significant data growth, management complexity and isolated islands of information and infrastructure. VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for virtualized SharePoint environments enables customers to confidently consolidate or deploy new SharePoint environments and leverage the power of virtualization to lower costs and simplify management. VSPEX includes EMC's award-winning unified storage systems, which according to IDC¹ are most preferred by SharePoint customers over other vendors. Available in early 2013 exclusively through partners in the EMC Velocity™ partner program, the new EMC VSPEX for SharePoint simplifies infrastructure design and deployment so partners can focus on rapidly consolidating existing or deploying new SharePoint environments for their customers. VSPEX enables EMC and Microsoft's mutual customers to take advantage of the power of SharePoint so they can more quickly respond to business and competitive requirements. VSPEX in Virtualized SharePoint Environments: Efficient, Easy to Manage, Powerful VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for virtualized SharePoint is designed for customers looking to consolidate storage and infrastructure and lower costs associated with SharePoint use cases such as Document Repository (file shares replacement) and Enterprise Content Management. With VSPEX, customers can realize greater efficiency, flexibility, higher availability, faster and simplified backup and recovery and reduce TCO. VSPEX provides Microsoft customers and others a choice of industry leading virtualization technologies for their private cloud Infrastructures.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts