One final under-$10 name that's trending very close to triggering a near-term trade is Leap Wireless (LEAP), which is a wireless communications carrier that offers digital wireless services in the United States of America under the Cricket brand. This stock has been uptrending for the last three months, with shares moving higher by 12.3%.
If you take a look at the chart for Leap Wireless, you'll notice that this stock has just started to bounce strongly right off its 50-day moving average of $6.27 and its 200-day moving average of $6.21 a share. This bounce is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in LEAP if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $7.02 to $7.18 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 1,871,530 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then LEAP will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $7.75 to $8.16 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $8.50 to $8.75 into focus for shares of LEAP.Traders can look to buy LEAP off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits just below its 200-day moving average of $6.21 a share or near some support at $6 a share. One could also buy LEAP off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits just below its 50-day at $6.27 a share. To see more hot under-$10 equities, check out the Stocks Under $10 Setting Up to Explode portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV