Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- When it comes to the tough game of retail, you can only blame the environment for so long, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Thursday.
Cramer said that in the case of Tiffany (TIF), clearly the upscale retailer is getting it wrong.
Cramer said other retailers have missed their earnings but then have made changes to their management or strategy and have turned things around. Not so with Tiffany, which continues to disappoint quarter after quarter. Cramer said maybe the company is losing its edge or maybe its no longer appealing to younger consumers. In either case, something needs to change.As for Ascena Group (ASNA), which runs Justice, Lane Bryant, Maurices and other discount chains, Cramer said he's scratching his head. The company's CEO told him things were going well late last year, but in reality things went horribly wrong. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV