Jim Cramer: Well, you go back over the biography, wonderful biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, and that's the theme. The theme is best of breed and not a flood of products. Maybe they've got to revisit that. I will say that when you go to your Apple store, you like to have a lot of options. You like to have different color computers like, you like to have the Mac Air, you like to be able to have the new iPod, so I think they're trying to be all things to all people, just that what we're used to is them being best of breed and you pick which one you like. Is this Apple floundering? I don't know.
I think it's Apple saying, "We've got to protect our flank here," and maybe Apple even getting in good graces with a lot of the telco providers. I think Tim Cook is an excellent strategist. He's not really a product guy, I'll say that, because Steve Jobs said he wasn't a product guy in the Steve Jobs biography, but I agree with you. It does seem to be a bit of a conundrum. Millions of products suddenly. How about the best products? And a low-end phone is not what I expect from Apple, but if they have some sort of game plan which says that the world must own Apple because they want to do the ecosystem...if it's an ecosystem plan, then I'm on board.
Debra Borchardt: Okay. Well, we'll keep our eye on that Apple iPhone, the cheaper version, and see if this is really what the market wants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV