IIROC Publishes Its Review Of CDOR Supervisory Practices
TORONTO, Jan. 10, 2013 /CNW/ - The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) today published the results of its review of the Canadian Dealer Offered Rate (CDOR).
"IIROC initiated this policy review of current practices among CDOR survey participants in 2012 in light of global developments relating to survey-based reference rates and to strengthen the oversight of CDOR going forward," said Susan Wolburgh Jenah, IIROC President and Chief Executive Officer.
IIROC's recommendations regarding key areas for enhancement to strengthen the integrity and confidence in CDOR include:
- specific documented criteria for participation in the rate setting process;
- more explicit documentation regarding the definition, calculation methodology and transparency of CDOR; and
- documented regulatory expectations for participants' supervision of rate-setting activity and controls to prevent potential manipulation.
The Bank of Canada, federal Department of Finance, and other Canadian regulators have agreed to consider further, in conjunction with IIROC, the implications for CDOR of the issues identified in IIROC's review as well as relevant issues identified in ongoing international work in relation to the use and regulation of reference rates.IIROC is the national self-regulatory organization which oversees all investment dealers and trading activity on debt and equity marketplaces in Canada. Created in 2008 through the consolidation of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada and Market Regulation Services Inc., IIROC sets high quality regulatory and investment industry standards, protects investors and strengthens market integrity while maintaining efficient and competitive capital markets. IIROC carries out its regulatory responsibilities through setting and enforcing rules regarding the proficiency, business and financial conduct of dealer firms and their registered employees and through setting and enforcing market integrity rules regarding trading activity on Canadian equity marketplaces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV