- "We've resolved the issues that caused the generator failures in our Arlington and Fairfax offices and spurred 911-service issues in the wake of the June derecho.
- "We've completed backup-power system audits of all critical Verizon 911 facilities in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., and we are resolving issues as needed.
- "We've improved our procedures to identify power issues and get backup generators on line more quickly in crises.
- "We're decentralizing and diversifying our network monitoring system so that the loss of any single location has less of a critical impact on our overall monitoring capability.
- "We've improved communications with 911 center directors and other government officials during emergencies. We have adopted the five recommendations made by northern Virginia 911 center directors, and we're working with the public safety community to implement these recommendations.
- "We're applying lessons learned from our derecho investigation throughout our service area.
Verizon Improving Network Resiliency, Communications In Addressing 911 Service Issues After June 2012 Derecho
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.