BOCA RATON, Fla.
Jan. 10, 2013
GAIM USA 2013
, the first major gathering of hedge fund investors, managers and service providers of the new year, today announced new additions to its line-up of speakers. Recently added speakers include:
- Congressman (AZ-R) David Scheikert, Author of two bills in the JOBS Act
- James Keenan, Blackrock, Managing Director, Head of Leveraged Finance
- Vikas Dwivedi, Macquarie Group, Global Energy Strategist
- Neil Constable GMO LLC, Head of Quantitative Research
- George E. Hall, Clinton Group, Inc., Founder & CEO
- Francois Gadenne, Retirement Income Industry Association, Chairman of the Board and Executive Director
These distinguished speakers will join other previously announced presenters including:
- Marc Katz, Investment Administration for the Teachers' Retirement System of the City of New York, Deputy Director
- Bill Michaelcheck, Mariner Investment Group, Founder
- Tim Garry, CFA, Passport Capital, Portfolio Manager and Chief Risk Officer
- Daniel Zwirn, Zwirn Family Interests, LLC, in a one-on-one interview with William Cohan, contributing editor for Bloomberg TV and author of leading business books including Money and Power: How Goldman Sachs Came to Rule the World
- Marcus Luttrell, retired US Navy SEAL, received Navy Cross for his actions facing Taliban fighters during Operation Red Wing; author of The New York Times best-seller Lone Survivor
- Scott Patterson, The Wall Street Journal, author of Dark Pools: High-Speed Traders, A.I. Bandits, and the Threat to the Global Financial System
2013 also announced that it will host an inaugural charity night on
Monday, Jan 21, 2013
to kick-off the annual conference. Proceeds from the charity night will be donated to
A Leg To Stand On
The Robin Hood Foundation Sandy Relief
2013 has been created to answer investors' questions about where returns will come from in the New Year and deliver an organic networking environment for managers to build relationships with the world's leading and largest investors.
"Leading hedge fund investors and managers are starting out the new year by attending GAIM
, Director of Research and Strategy at GAIM, and Managing Director of The Institute for International Research. "GAIM delegates will engage in and learn about the most important topics of the year including investment opportunities, asset allocation trends, technology solutions, and regulatory issues while engaging in unique networking opportunities."
For more than a decade, GAIM
conferences have attracted thousands of asset allocators, investors, asset managers and the professional and technology solution providers who service them. Speakers and attendees actively participate in discussions regarding today's most important topics, including: performance, regulation, fee models, JOBS Act, high frequency trading, new strategies, activist investing, technology, accessing new capital pools, economic trends, the next generation of managers, and management skills.
Registration and details for GAIM
2013 are available at
2013 is part of The Institute for International Research
portfolio of conferences. IIR
is among the most recognized and trusted providers of conferences and expositions; seminars; training events; and specialized business information networking experiences in America. More at