Spacenet Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq: GILT) and a leading provider of managed network services, will be showcasing its full suite of communication network solutions for retailers in its “Big Bandwidth Store” themed exhibit at National Retail Federation’s BIG Show at the Jacob H. Javits Convention Center in New York, January 14-15, 2013.
Spacenet manages and optimizes communications networks for many of the country’s leading retailers. These clients typically have hundreds or thousands of stores spread across a wide geographic area and include a wide variety of broadband, wired and wireless technologies. Spacenet helps retailers deploy the tools and technology needed to enhance Point of Sale (POS), accelerate customer check-out and enable real-time inventory control as well as gift card and loyalty programs, self-checkout initiatives, video surveillance and more.
In booth #1675, Spacenet executives will discuss the need of retailers with geographically dispersed locations for broad, fast, secure and reliable connectivity, while simultaneously achieving a lower total cost of network ownership. Spacenet’s “Big Bandwidth Store” theme at this year’s show represents the one-stop bandwidth shopping that Spacenet’s comprehensive line of 24/7 managed network services brings retailers. The exhibit will feature four unique solutions pods, highlighting Spacenet solutions sets for some of the top challenges facing today’s retail network, including:
- Access Strategy – Spacenet develops an access strategy for the retailer’s overall network using a technology-neutral (Cable, EoC, Fiber, DSL, 4G and VSAT) approach that provides the greatest coverage and lowest total cost of ownership.
- Wi-Fi Communications – Spacenet provides centralized, full-scale program management of in-store Wi-Fi deployment and operations for consistency in management, maintenance and security throughout each store and across the enterprise.
- Unified Communications – Spacenet helps optimize business processes and communications by integrating real-time (instant messaging, presence information, telephony, video conferencing) and non-real-time (voicemail, email, SMS, fax) technologies across all devices and media, leveraging its MPLS network to deliver an enhanced user experience through Quality of Service (QoS).
- Integrated IP Physical Security – in conjunction with Vector Security ® , Spacenet offers an integrated, single-source solution for managed network services and interactive security products and services, including integrated video, BA/FA, access, EAS, robbery and more.
“Today’s retailers face an ever increasing demand for wide area access, in-store Wi-Fi, unified communications, and vault-tight network security,” said Glenn Katz, Spacenet’s CEO. “And affordable, accessible and secure bandwidth is the key to all of the above. Spacenet’s tiered approach to managed services empowers retailers to strategically and cost-effectively deploy the tools and technology needed to optimize one of today’s most vital corporate assets... the network.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts