2. The Insurance Comeback
I think several things are at work here. First, there have been enough catastrophes out there to take out a lot of capacity, and insurance rates are going up. Second, the group's just done nothing for ages, and it is way behind the broad market. Finally, and most important, the asset side has come back to life with a vengeance. These companies owned a ton of miserable, awful housing-related paper -- and, as housing increases in value, this paper's coming back.
To me, AIG is the best way to play it, because this company has pretty much everything that had been negative, but is now good.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV