Goodness Gracious, It's Cornbread Time!
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Warm up your skillets! In honor of their commitment to preserve the celebration of all Southern food, Martha White® and Lodge® Cast Iron are once again searching the nation for the best original main dish cornbread recipes in the 17 th Annual National Cornbread Cook-Off.
To view the multimedia content, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/58723-martha-white-cornbread-national-cook-off-2013/
Now through Feb. 28, 2013, fans can submit an original main dish recipe prepared with at least one package of Martha White Cornbread Mix and cooked in Lodge® Cast Iron cookware. Ten finalists will be selected to compete during the National Cornbread Festival® and the Grand Prize Winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize."Over the last 16 years, thousands of entries have shown us a variety of cooking styles providing endless cornbread possibilities," said the Martha White baking expert, Linda Carman. "Our cornbread mixes are so versatile; just look at how many recipes can be created, simply by using cornbread!" From Southwestern cornbread wedges and tomato pies to Buffalo salads and rustic soups, National Cornbread Cook-Off winning recipes help create special family moments any day of the week. Check out past winning recipes at MarthaWhite.com/recipes. For complete details, Official Rules and to complete the entry form for the contest, visit MarthaWhite.com. The Martha White/Lodge® Cast Iron National Cornbread Cook-Off is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 years or older. Void where prohibited. About the Contest Ten finalists will be selected to prepare their original creations for judging by a panel of food experts during the National Cornbread Festival® on April 27, 2013, in South Pittsburg, Tenn. Along with the cast iron skillet crown, the Cook-Off champion will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a 30-inch stainless steel gas range (a $3,250 value) from FiveStar® Professional Cooking Equipment, a division of Brown Stove Works, Inc., and special gifts from Martha White and Lodge® Cast Iron. The second prize winner will receive $1,500, and the third prize winner will receive $1,000. The remaining seven finalists will walk away with $150. All finalists will receive a $500 travel reimbursement and a gift basket courtesy of Martha White and Lodge® Cast Iron. For other great cornbread recipe ideas, visit www.marthawhite.com and click on "recipes" and "cook's corner." Join the Martha White community at www.Facebook.com/MarthaWhiteBaking. Buffalo Chicken Cornbread with Blue Cheese Salad Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray Cornbread1 large egg3/4 cup milk2 tablespoons Crisco Pure Olive Oil1 (6.5 oz.) pkg. Martha White® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix1 cup shredded cheddar cheese1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese 2 cups fully cooked frozen boneless Buffalo-style hot wings, thawed and diced1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Salad1/2 small head of lettuce, chopped1 cup sliced celery1/2 red onion, sliced1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese2/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing1/2 cup tomatoes, dicedChopped cilantro
- HEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 10 1/2-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Stir egg, milk and oil together. Add cornbread mix, cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup blue cheese, diced hot wings, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Stir until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared skillet, spreading evenly. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool.
- COMBINE lettuce, celery, red onion and 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles. Toss with blue cheese dressing. Cut cornbread into 8 wedges. Top each wedge with an even amount of salad. Garnish with diced tomatoes and cilantro.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV