WINDSOR, Conn., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S. announced today that it has hired David Bedard as president of its Annuities business segment. This segment, part of ING U.S.'s Retirement Solutions business, is focused on driving growth and long-term success in the fixed annuity market.
In this role, Bedard is responsible for product, financial management and the operating performance of the fixed annuity business. He will also serve as a member of the Retirement Solutions executive team, collaborating on overall business strategy and direction.
Bedard brings a broad range of annuity and financial expertise to ING U.S. He has more than 25 years of experience in financial leadership positions at insurance and financial services organizations. Most recently, Bedard was executive vice president of Global Annuities for The Hartford Financial Services Group after serving as the chief financial officer of that firm's wealth management business. Previously, he was senior vice president and chief financial officer for the U.S. Life and Agency division of New York Life Insurance Company, where he also served as senior managing director and chief financial officer for New York Life Investments. Bedard also held leadership positions earlier in his career at MassMutual and Coopers & Lybrand.
Bedard, who will be based in ING U.S.'s Windsor, Conn., office, will report to Maliz Beams, chief executive officer of ING U.S. Retirement Solutions. His appointment is effective January 28, 2013."We're delighted to have Dave join our team in this new role, which closely aligns the annuity business to ING U.S.'s overall retirement strategy," noted Beams. "Dave's financial acumen, breadth of experience and appreciation for the importance of our work will further our goal to help customers achieve the retirement security they expect and deserve."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV