EVERETT, Wash., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) has rolled out the first 777 to be built at the increased production rate of 8.3 per month, or 100 airplanes per year. The airplane is a 777 Freighter that will be delivered in February to Korean Air.
The production increase began in October when the first airplane parts entered the Everett factory. Planning for the increased rate has been in work for almost a year.
"As we built the first airplane at the new rate, we saw some of the best production metrics ever," said Scott Fancher, vice president and general manager, 777 program and Airplane Development. "Our factory is running smoothly and we've reduced the time it takes to build a 777 by one day from 49 to 48 days."
New manufacturing innovations such as flex-track drilling in the body and wing panels, automated floor drilling and wings painting equipment also contributed."Employee involvement teams have been critical to the rate increase," Fancher said. "Ideas from those teams are saving time while improving quality and safety." In the past 31 months, the 777 program has increased rate two times. First from five to an all-time high production rate of seven in 2011, and now going beyond that to an all-time high rate of 8.3 airplanes per month. 1,066 777s have been delivered to date and a total of 1,431 have been ordered from 66 customers around the globe. Contact: Debbie Heathers 777 Communications +1 206-579-5159 firstname.lastname@example.org Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV