ROSWELL, Ga., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors will hire approximately 1,000 high-tech workers to staff a new Information Technology Innovation Center near Atlanta. The automaker needs software developers, project managers, database experts, business analysts and other IT professionals for the third of four centers in the United States.
"Locating this center in Atlanta makes good business sense," said GM Chief Information Officer Randy Mott. "We can draw from a deep pool of high tech expertise through the surrounding colleges, universities and talent residing in the area."
GM already has hired more than 700 IT specialists to work at the Innovation Centers in Austin, Tex., and Warren, Mich. Response in the market has been strong as three of four candidates offered jobs to date have accepted them.
The Atlanta Innovation Center will be located in Roswell, a northern suburb of Atlanta."This Innovation Center is exactly the kind of employer we want in the state," said Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal. "The information age will be with us for a long time, and attracting companies such as GM that are on the cutting edge of manufacturing and technology is a huge win for Georgia." Mott is leading a rebalancing of information technology at GM under which the majority of IT work will be done by GM employees instead of being outsourced, which has been the GM model for most of the last three decades. "We look to the Innovation Centers to design and deliver IT that drives down the cost of ongoing operations while continuously increasing the level and speed at which innovative products and services are available to GM customers," Mott said. "The IT Innovation Centers are critical to our overall GM business strategy and IT transformation."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV