Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors need to stick with the big themes that are working, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Thursday. He unveiled two more macro themes that he said can be bought on any market weakness.
Cramer's first theme: the revolution in American oil and gas. He said this multi-year theme will be a boon for our energy independence, but it will also mean big profits for those companies that use a lot of oil and gas, mainly the chemical and plastics companies.
Stock PlayoffsContinuing with his "Stock Playoffs" series, Cramer pitted the two top performers in the S&P 500 last year, Sprint Nextel (S) and Pulte Homes (PHM), against each other to see which one should be in your portfolio for 2013. Cramer said while he's still a fan of Sprint, there's no way the stock will repeat its 300% performance from last year. He said the easy money has already been made with Sprint, now that Softbank has made a significant investment in the company. While Sprint will finally be able to compete with AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ), the Softbank deal will take time to complete and the competing bid from Dish Network (DISH) for Clearwire (CLWR) will only complicate matters. Meanwhile, Pulte Homes remains one of America's largest homebuilders in what is still the very early innings of a housing recovery. The stock may be at its 52-week high, but that doesn't mean this stock can't soar higher, said Cramer, as home prices continue to rise. Pulte has been aggressively cutting costs and fixing its balance sheet and is now up against very easy comparisons from last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV