James Cameron, Jane Goodall, Robert Ballard To Take Part In Google+ Hangout Sunday
Explorers from Around the World to Mark 125 th Anniversary of National Geographic
WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Have you ever wanted to ask a question of the man who discovered the remains of the Titanic, the primatologist who pioneered field research on wild chimpanzees or the explorer who made the first solo dive to the ocean's deepest point?
Robert Ballard, Jane Goodall and James Cameron — along with National Geographic explorers in the field on every continent — will take questions from the public in a live Google+ Hangout from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (ET) this Sunday, Jan. 13, marking the 125th anniversary of the National Geographic Society. People around the world are invited to submit questions for the explorers or to videotape themselves asking a question for use in the Hangout.
Exploration is the National Geographic Society's passion and the focus of the January issue of National Geographic magazine. Sunday's Hangout will be a conversation about the new age of exploration. The event will be the first in a series of monthly National Geographic-Google+ Hangouts with explorers leading innovative field research across the globe.Sunday's event will use Google's innovative multi-participant, live video-chat platform. The public can submit questions by:
- Uploading a video question to YouTube with #NatGeo125
- Posting a question on Google+ or Twitter with #NatGeo125
- Commenting on the National Geographic News Watch blog
- Leaving a comment on this Facebook post
- Kyler Abernathy, National Geographic Crittercam team member, participating from Antarctica
- Kenny Broad, environmental anthropologist, Florida
- Albert Lin, research scientist/engineer, California
- Krithi Karanth, conservation biologist, India
- Paula Kahumbu, wildlife conservationist, Kenya
- Sebastian Cruz, biologist, Ecuador
- Boyd Matson, National Geographic radio host, serving as Hangout moderator from National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts