James Cameron, Jane Goodall, Robert Ballard To Take Part In Google+ Hangout Sunday
Explorers from Around the World to Mark 125 th Anniversary of National Geographic
WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Have you ever wanted to ask a question of the man who discovered the remains of the Titanic, the primatologist who pioneered field research on wild chimpanzees or the explorer who made the first solo dive to the ocean's deepest point?
Robert Ballard, Jane Goodall and James Cameron — along with National Geographic explorers in the field on every continent — will take questions from the public in a live Google+ Hangout from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (ET) this Sunday, Jan. 13, marking the 125th anniversary of the National Geographic Society. People around the world are invited to submit questions for the explorers or to videotape themselves asking a question for use in the Hangout.
Exploration is the National Geographic Society's passion and the focus of the January issue of National Geographic magazine. Sunday's Hangout will be a conversation about the new age of exploration. The event will be the first in a series of monthly National Geographic-Google+ Hangouts with explorers leading innovative field research across the globe.Sunday's event will use Google's innovative multi-participant, live video-chat platform. The public can submit questions by:
- Uploading a video question to YouTube with #NatGeo125
- Posting a question on Google+ or Twitter with #NatGeo125
- Commenting on the National Geographic News Watch blog
- Leaving a comment on this Facebook post
- Kyler Abernathy, National Geographic Crittercam team member, participating from Antarctica
- Kenny Broad, environmental anthropologist, Florida
- Albert Lin, research scientist/engineer, California
- Krithi Karanth, conservation biologist, India
- Paula Kahumbu, wildlife conservationist, Kenya
- Sebastian Cruz, biologist, Ecuador
- Boyd Matson, National Geographic radio host, serving as Hangout moderator from National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV