Today Groupon Grassroots, the philanthropic program at Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN), announced the launch of Social Venture Week and the expansion of Groupon Payments™ to all Groupon Grassroots venture partners and Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) members. For the next 14 days, Groupon will feature a series of social ventures across the country. Additionally, all social venture partners will now be offered the Groupon Payments tool, which launched in September 2012 to Groupon merchants, providing a better way to accept credit cards at the guaranteed lowest overall rates.
Groupon Grassroots routinely runs 10-15 campaigns a week with local nonprofits across the US, totaling just over 500 in 2012. Social Venture Week specifically features a collection of social ventures: For-profit, mission-driven businesses that seek to provide sustainable solutions to achieve a social objective.
The campaign will showcase a variety of causes, ranging from youth mentorship and disability programs to employment training and upcycle innovation. The social ventures in the series include:
- Aspire CoffeeWorks
- Project Repat
- Humphrey’s Street Coffee Co.
- Women’s Bean Project
- Senda Athletics
- Bright Endeavors
- Better Way Imports
- Callie’s Coffee
Additionally, all partnering social ventures now have access to Groupon Payments. The service is built into the Groupon Merchants app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, and is backed by a guarantee to be the lowest cost option to accept credit cards. As credit card fees can be a burden for mission-driven organizations, Groupon Payments relieves that strain and simplifies the process, featuring:
- Swiped transactions - MasterCard, Visa and Discover (1.8% plus $0.15 per transaction) and American Express (based on industry category)
- No hidden costs or monthly fees
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV