"The transactions announced today represent the successful culmination of the in-depth strategic review process we commenced this past summer," Wayne Sales, said in a statement. "Following the Sale, SUPERVALU will have three strong, market-leading business units with more consistent cash flows and improved EBITDA growth potential," Sales added.
"We are pleased to be making this investment and look forward to helping build long-term value for all stakeholders," Lenard Tessler, a senior managing director at Cerberus said in a statement. "We believe these transactions will create stronger, more competitive businesses," he added.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV