ABC 7's Windy City LIVE Searches For Chicago Singing Stars Saturday, January 12; 800 Chicagoans Registered To Audition
CHICAGO, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Windy City LIVE, Chicago's top-rated talk and entertainment show with host Val Warner and Ryan Chiaverini, is looking to find a Chi-town singing sensation during the "Mazda 6: Dare To Dream - Windy City Live Search for a Star" event, Saturday, January 12 from 9 am to 4 pm at ABC 7 Chicago studios (190 North State Street). Open auditions will be conducted on a first come, first served basis and will feature as many singing auditions as possible up until 4 pm. Before the Saturday auditions, singing hopefuls must register by Thursday, January 10 at 6 pm at windycitylive.com. Approximately 800 singers have already registered to audition.
Windy City LIVE airs weekdays at 9:00 am and 12:05 am. Windy City Weekend airs at 11:00 PM on Saturdays.
Potential singing stars should be prepared to sing a song of their choosing a capella, in front of three distinguished judges: Jason Brett, (Jefferson award-winning actor, director, entrepreneur and founder of the digital media company Big Things); Robin Hughes (Resident Casting Director, Metropolis; actress and faculty member of Metropolis School of the Performing Arts); Chris Petlak (singer, actor, improviser and social media manager at 101.9fm The Mix.) After the initial round of auditions, judges will narrow the field to 12 final contestants. Then, two singers will face off against each other in various "battle rounds" and viewers will get the chance to vote for their favorite singer. The field will be narrowed to three singers who will sing their hearts out during a competition on Windy City LIVE on February 21 st and viewers will have the opportunity to vote in a "Dare to Dream Winner." On February 22 nd, the Chicago singing sensation will be announced and will win a spanking new 2014 Mazda 6, among other amazing musical prizes and opportunities.
- Windy City Live will be holding open auditions on Saturday, January 12 th at ABC 7 Chicago, 190 North State Street, from 9am to 4pm. Contestants should not arrive any earlier than 7 am. There is no age limit, but minors must be accompanied by an adult.- Windy City LIVE will conduct callbacks on Saturday, January 19 th at ABC 7 Chicago, where the field will be narrowed to 12 contestants. - On Friday, February 1 st, two singers will face off against each other in "battle rounds." Viewers will vote for a winner and the winner will be announced on February 2nd. There will be 6 battle rounds, which will result in 6 final contestants. - There will be three more battle rounds, which will narrow the field to three contestants.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts