Higher-priced mortgage loans are generally defined as mortgages that exceed prime offer rates for comparable transactions published by the Fed by at least 1.5 percentage points.
The CFPB emphasized that the rules do not prevent the borrower from challenging a lender for violating any other federal consumer protection laws.
The CFPB proposes to exempt certain nonprofit creditors that work with low- and moderate-income consumers to the rule and would also make exceptions for certain homeownership stabilization programs; such as those that offer loans made in connection with the Making Home Affordable program; which help consumers avoid foreclosure.
The proposed amendments would also provide Qualified Mortgage status for certain loans made and held in portfolio by small creditors, such as community banks and credit unions.-- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV