Â£65 Million Windfall Forecast For Charities
LONDON, January 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
An innovative scheme to encourage people to leave a gift to charity in their Will is set to raise millions of pounds each year for worthy causes.
Figures released on 12 th December show that the initiative, officially launched in June by The Co-operative Legal Services and Remember A Charity, is projected to raise £65m a year for charities by 2015.
Traditionally in the UK, just seven per cent of people making a Will leave a legacy to a charity compared with 20 per cent in the United States.Through this partnership, The Co-operative Legal Services and Remember A Charity are promoting the benefits of writing a Will and encouraging people to act on their good intentions and leave a charitable donation in their Will. Already in the six months since the initiative launched, over £7m in legacies has been committed to charities by people writing a Will with The Co-operative Legal Services. Ian Mackie, Sales and Marketing Director of The Co-operative Legal Services, said: "These figures are a really positive boost, and it's particularly good to see at this time of year as it shows the goodwill that is out there for charitable giving. People really do want to leave a positive legacy and for some good to be seen from their hard work after they're gone. "Since launching this initiative we've noticed a significant uplift in the number of people leaving a charitable donation in their Will - indeed many people hadn't even thought of it until we discussed the options, and they were keen to rectify this. "Through the continued growth of The Co-operative Legal Services Will writing service in partnership with Remember A Charity, these gifts look set to raise nearly £20m in 2013 and over £65m annually by 2015."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV