HOUSTON, Jan. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) today announced it has recently completed the acquisition of the following independent foodservice companies:
- Appert's Foodservice, a full-service broadline distributor based in St. Cloud, Minn.
- Buchy Food Service, a full-service broadline distributor based in Greenville, Ohio
- Central Seafood Company, a seafood supplier based in Orlando, Fla.
- Distagro, the foodservice division for Montreal, Quebec-based grocery retailer, Metro Richelieu Inc.
Each acquisition was completed in December. While specific financial terms of the acquisitions were not disclosed, the combined annual revenues of the four companies are approximately $520 million. To date, in fiscal year 2013, Sysco has acquired a total of nine businesses that, in the aggregate, had annual sales exceeding $750 million.
"We're excited to be expanding the Sysco family of companies with these quality foodservice providers," said Chris Kreidler, Sysco's executive vice president and chief financial officer. "Customers of these companies can expect to receive the same high-level service they've traditionally received, while being introduced to the additional breadth and depth of products and capabilities offered by Sysco. Strategically, these acquisitions further demonstrate Sysco's commitment to pursue quality companies that will enable us to better serve our customers, further expand our product offerings and service footprint, and profitably grow our business."About Sysco Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. The company operates 185 distribution facilities serving over 400,000 customers. For the fiscal year 2012 that ended June 30, 2012, the company generated record sales of over $42 billion. For more information about Sysco visit www.sysco.com . For investor news, follow the company at www.twitter.com/SyscoStock or download the Sysco IR App, available on the iTunes App Store and the Google Play Market . The Sysco Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=747
CONTACT: Media Contact: Charley Wilson Vice President, Corporate Communications 281-584-2423 Investors Contact: Neil Russell Vice President, Investor Relations 281-584-1308
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV