Next-Generation Feature Set
The M500 SSD incorporates extended features important to ultrathin systems, such as device sleep (DEVSLP), which increases system battery life while maintaining system responsiveness. This feature enables the drive to draw less than 5 milliwatts of power while the system is in sleep mode—a 93% power improvement compared to previous-generation drives. 2
The M500 SSD also incorporates the following specially designed features to provide users with peace of mind that their data is protected:
- Hardware encryption technology (TCG Opal 2.0 + IEEE 1667) designed to maintain data security in the event of device theft or loss 3
- Greater thermal management enables the drive to work with the host computer to dynamically adjust power consumption based on usage demands, helping designers face the challenges of ultra-small, thermally constrained systems
- Expanded power-loss protection and advanced error recovery techniques deliver class-leading reliability. Data integrity is protected even during unexpected power loss
Compatibility and AvailabilityThe Crucial M500 SSD is backed by a three-year limited warranty and is compatible with both PC and Mac ® systems 4. The 2.5-inch drive will be available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities. The smaller M.2 and mSATA form factors will be available in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities. The 2.5-inch Crucial M500 SSD is expected to be available for purchase in the first quarter of 2013 through select global channel partners or direct through www.crucial.com . Micron will sell the M500 SSD direct to OEMs and through their distribution network. The M.2 and mSATA form factors are expected in the second quarter of 2013. Follow us online! Crucial Connect with the Crucial community for product updates, tech tips, special offers, and contests:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/crucialmemory
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/crucialmemory
- YouTube™: www.youtube.com/crucialmemory
- Innovations Blog: www.micronblogs.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/micronstorage
- YouTube™: www.youtube.com/microntechnology
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Micron Contact: Melinda Jenkins +1 (650) 801-7957 Melinda.email@example.com www.micron.com Crucial Contact: Andrew Rodger +1 (978) 518-4516 firstname.lastname@example.org www.crucial.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV