Prior to joining Albertson’s in 2006, Miller was Chairman of the Board of Wild Oats Markets based in Boulder, Colorado from December 2004 through 2006.
In December of 1999, Miller was hired as Chairman and CEO of Rite Aid Corporation, the country’s third largest drugstore chain, where from December 1999 to June 2003 he led a successful turnaround of the nearly-bankrupt company. He continued to serve as Chairman of Rite Aid until June 2007 and a Director until 2011.
Before joining Rite Aid, Miller was Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer at the Kroger Company, which he joined in May 1999 when the company acquired the food and drug retailer Fred Meyer, Inc. Mr. Miller served as Fred Meyer, Inc. Chairman and CEO from 1991 to 1999.
Starting his career at Albertson’s Inc., a retail food and drug chain, Miller spent 30 years working his way up the ranks from Store Manager to Executive Vice President of Retail Operations.He currently also serves on the Board of Directors of Albertson’s LLC, Nordstrom, Inc, Jim Pattison Group, U.S. Bakery, and Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts. A native of Louisville, Mississippi, he attended Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, California and the Executive Management Program at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business. He is married with three sons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV