Are Current Mortgage Rates Such A Great Deal?
On that basis, the record low levels of current mortgage rates do represent a good bargain. Even on a relative basis, if you assume that somewhere over the course of a 30-year loan interest rates will return to normal, anyone who locks in a mortgage at today's rates could find themselves borrowing for less than the bank pays for deposits over much of the life of the loan.
That's a good deal, so long as it doesn't become so systemic that it weakens the health of the banking system. If that happens, you can expect that consumers will pay again, in one way or another.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV