US Futures Edge Higher Ahead Of Jobs Report
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ U.S. stock futures are rising ahead of a government report that is expected to show fewer people applying for unemployment benefits last week.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 32 points to 13,357. The broader S&P futures have added 4.4 points to 1,460.20. Nasdaq futures are up 7.75 points to 2,729.75.
Economists forecast that applications for unemployment dropped 7,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 365,000, according to a survey by FactSet. The Labor Department releases its report at 8:30 a.m. EST.
Also on Thursday, the Commerce Department is expected to report that wholesale companies cut back on restocking in November because of weak sales. Some economists cite the showdown between the Congress and President Barack Obama over the budget.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV