US Futures Edge Higher Ahead Of Jobs Report
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ U.S. stock futures are rising ahead of a government report that is expected to show fewer people applying for unemployment benefits last week.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 32 points to 13,357. The broader S&P futures have added 4.4 points to 1,460.20. Nasdaq futures are up 7.75 points to 2,729.75.
Economists forecast that applications for unemployment dropped 7,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 365,000, according to a survey by FactSet. The Labor Department releases its report at 8:30 a.m. EST.
Also on Thursday, the Commerce Department is expected to report that wholesale companies cut back on restocking in November because of weak sales. Some economists cite the showdown between the Congress and President Barack Obama over the budget.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV