Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, will be showcasing its latest retail solutions and innovations in Booth #921 at the 102 nd National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO on Jan. 13-16, 2013 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
In retail today, the shopper’s experience is a retailer’s biggest differentiator. Under the theme “The Experience is Everything,” Motorola, along with its business partners, will be demonstrating new solutions that can help retailers create personalized experiences that connect with shoppers, enable associates to instantly respond to customer questions and can be deployed effectively with minimal IT support.
Motorola will showcase several recently introduced products including:
- MP6000 multi-plane scanner/scale – Motorola’s first imaging-based bioptic solution will help customers quickly checkout and scan traditional paper-based bar codes as well as bar codes delivered on the screen of a mobile device.
- SB1 smart badge - A smart, wearable mobile device that empowers sales associates and task workers with task management, price checking and inventory look-up applications for improved productivity and customer service.
- MC40 mobile computer - The MC40 is the first multi-purpose mobile computer for retail that incorporates inventory management with collaboration and line busting mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) capabilities in a compelling form factor.
- ET1 tablet – Designed for assisted selling, mPOS, item locator, planogram management and mobile manager applications, the Android-based ET1 tablet is now available in WAN or WLAN configurations and brings the consumer tablet experience to an enterprise-class device.
- Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) – This task management software framework connects virtually all of the systems in the store that generate tasks and determines which associates are best suited for a particular task. MWM delivers the task directly to the mobile device of the chosen associate, monitors the status until complete and escalates if needed, while providing management with a real-time view into task status.
Among the new products on display for the first time at NRF will be:
- Motorola’s CC Series (customer concierge) is a part of its Connected Shopper suite. It will offer in-aisle product and online search capabilities along with video and audio chat functionality that can take customer service to new levels. With a variety of screen images, it integrates a touch-screen-driven interactive product browser, digital signage, and customer care connection in a single, interactive device. The CC series bridges a retailer’s in-store, online and mobile experiences, and connects customers to retail associates for immediate assistance via devices like the MC40 and SB1.
- Wireless LAN (WLAN) Infrastructure serves as the foundation for connecting with shoppers and enabling associates. The NX 9510 Integrated Services Platform simplifies the deployment, control and management of the entire network for IT professionals and provides a dashboard to centrally manage wired, wireless, telephony and network assurance services at the branch. Retailers also can use the NX 9510 to deploy guest access, analytics and location services to elevate the customer experience.
Retail Communications is part of Motorola’s
Communications and Management Solutions. It provides a focused
telephony feature set, delivered on the
4500 and NX 6500 Integrated Services Platform, with Voice over
WLAN (VoWLAN), Push-To-Talk (PTT) and texting to enable store
associates to instantly communicate and collaborate over
enterprise wireless smartphones, mobile computers and two-way
radios. Unified Retail Communications also helps retailers reduce
call hold times, abandoned calls and calls not answered to improve
customer service by routing incoming calls to the right expert
inside the store.
- Motorola also is introducing a new professional-style Bluetooth® earpiece for Motorola’s CLP radios that provides up to 8 hours of talk time. This Bluetooth device has a replaceable earpiece that enables easier device sharing between employees working different shifts and is optimized for use with two-way radios preventing employee theft.
- Self-Service Solutions feature the new all-in-one multimedia MK3100 micro kiosk. Combining multiple self-service offerings such as price and inventory checks, employee scheduling and training, the compact MK3100 is a cost-effective micro-kiosk that also can run full screen video and interactive web applications. The MK3100 is also the only micro kiosk in its class to offer an imager that is optimized for mobile bar code reading to help increase customer loyalty, satisfaction and sales.
SUPPORTING QUOTEEduardo Conrado, senior vice president of marketing and IT, Motorola Solutions “Retail is undergoing a significant transformation. More than ever the shopper’s experience is everything for retailers. It’s how browsing becomes buying, customers become brand advocates and retailers take control of the purchase path. At NRF 2013, Motorola Solutions and its diverse ecosystem of retail partners will demonstrate how their collective industry knowledge and consumer insight can help retailers deploy technology-enabled experiences that connect with shoppers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV