It is one of the world's leading global premium airlines and its principal place of business is London with significant presence at Heathrow, Gatwick and London City Airports. The airline flies approximately 32 million customers a year to more than 150 cities in 75 countries around the world.
British Airways is a full service airline offering a range of flights to UK domestic, shorthaul and longhaul destinations. Over the next five years British Airways will be investing more than £5bn in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
In 2010 British Airways formed a joint business with American Airlines and Iberia which provides customers with greater access to discounted fares, more convenient connections and better access to a global network of more than 500 destinations.
British Airways is a founding member of oneworld, the alliance of airlines around the globe, which serves some 700 destinations, and offers the best connections.Whether customers are in the air or on the ground, British Airways takes pride in providing a full service experience. More information is available at www.ba.com . The British Airways logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1862 ABOUT VISITBRITAIN
- Americans made 2.8 million visits to the UK in 2011 and spent US $3.8 billion – placing them in the UK's top three most important markets for visitors. The US remains top spot in terms of market value for inbound tourism.
- VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, is responsible for inspiring the world to explore Britain and for developing the UK's visitor economy.
- Visitors traveling to Britain can find out more information from visitbritain.us plus purchase money and time saving local transport, sightseeing, attraction, theatre and tour tickets from visitbritainshop.us.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Americas Communications 212 716 0477
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts