Many small business owners are feeling overworked heading into 2013 with 61 percent wishing they could shed the backroom administrative tasks, according to the 7
Annual National Small Business Survey conducted by Staples Inc., the world’s largest office products company and second largest internet retailer in the world.
“At Staples, our goal is to help small business customers focus on what they do best,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president of retail marketing for Staples. “Staples makes it easy for small businesses to run their business by offering them the most innovative products and services.”
Organization will play a key role in small business owners’ goals for the New Year to help keep their companies growing and productive:
- 69 percent wish they could focus all of their attention on their actual business and leave the daily tasks to someone else
- 83 percent of small business owners are solely responsible for organizing their companies
- While 70 percent use technology to keep them organized, 62 percent admit they don’t necessarily use technology to decrease clutter
- Almost 20 percent don’t shred confidential material- the leading reason being it’s just easier to throw materials away
Keeping up with the latest technology will be an important factor in how small businesses plan to get ahead in 2013:
Staples Makes it Easy for Small Business Owners
- Nearly half of respondents will upgrade their operating systems this year to help their businesses grow for the future
- 66 percent of owners admit it is challenging to keep up with the constant technology changes
- Two thirds of respondents also note that these technological advances have caused them to change how they operate their business on a daily basis
To help small businesses to meet their increasing demands of running their business, Staples offers a wide variety of products and services. From the latest in computers, wireless printers and tech accessories, to small business services such as Staples Copy & Print and the Staples Rewards program, Staples makes it easy for small business owners to achieve success. Additionally at every U.S. Staples store, EasyTech associates provide customers technology services that range from new computer set-up, hardware and software installations, data transfer and security, repair and troubleshooting.