BEIJING, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: UTSI), a leading provider of media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services, today announced the final results of its previously announced tender offer to purchase up to 25,000,000 of its ordinary shares at a price of $1.20 per share, which expired at 5:00 P.M., New York City time, on Thursday, January 3, 2013.
UTStarcom has accepted for purchase 25,000,000 of its ordinary shares at a price of $1.20 per share, for an aggregate cost of $30,000,000 excluding fees and expenses relating to the tender offer.
Based on the final tabulation by Computershare Trust Company N.A., the Depositary for the tender offer, 63,357,546 of UTStarcom's ordinary shares were properly tendered and not withdrawn (excluding any conditional tenders that were not accepted due to the specified condition not being satisfied). UTStarcom has been informed by the Depositary that, after giving effect to the priority for "odd lots," the final proration factor is approximately 39.4%.
The Depositary will promptly issue payment for the shares validly tendered and accepted for purchase and will return all other shares tendered.Immediately following the purchase of the tendered shares, UTStarcom expects to have approximately 117,068,276 ordinary shares outstanding. Jefferies & Company, Inc. is the dealer manager for the tender offer. The information agent for the tender offer is Alliance Advisors LLC. Shareholders, banks and brokers who have questions may call the dealer manager at (877) 547-6340 (toll free) or the information agent at (877) 777-5603 (toll free). Tender Offer Statement This press release is for informational purposes only and is neither an offer to buy nor the solicitation of an offer to sell any of UTStarcom's ordinary shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV