Starting today, the fate of the Scottie dog, race car, top hat and the five other beloved tokens in the classic MONOPOLY game is in the hands of fans through a worldwide vote that will determine which token will be eliminated from the game. Will the shoe outpace the racecar? Will the battleship cruise past the wheelbarrow? Will fans be pressed if the iron is removed? Don’t leave this one to “Chance” - it’s up to fans to make sure that their favorite token will pass “GO!” and not “go directly to jail” by voting every day at Facebook.com/Monopoly, now through February 5, 2013.
Hasbro to lock up classic Monopoly icon forever - worldwide online vote asks fans to decide which game piece will "Go to Jail" and which new token will "Pass Go!" (Photo: Business Wire)
When the vote ends, Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) will be changing the MONOPOLY game forever by removing one of the classic tokens from the game and replacing it with a token that reflects the interests of today’s MONOPOLY players. Fans can vote on Facebook for which new token they would like to see added to the game, choosing from a diamond ring, guitar, toy robot, cat or helicopter.
Fans will also be able to “campaign” to save their favorite token through Facebook and Twitter by sharing images and videos with their friends and by using the hashtag #tokenvote.
“The tokens are one of the most iconic parts of the MONOPOLY game, and we know that people are emotionally tied to their favorite one,” said Eric Nyman, Senior Vice President and Global Brand Leader for Hasbro Gaming. “When we decided to replace one of the tokens in the game, we knew we had to involve our fans in the process. We can’t wait to see which iconic piece will ‘go to jail’ and which new token the fans will choose to become part of one of the world’s most popular games.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV