LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced that it was named as an International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for ForcePad™, the breakthrough next-generation TouchPad™, at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. ForcePad is the PC industry's first touchpad that incorporates pressure recognition, which revolutionizes the way we interact with our PCs.
ForcePad is a multi-finger, variable force detection, capacitive touchpad that offers a large modern touchpad gesture area that is up to 40 percent thinner than today's clickpads, enabling thinner and lighter Ultrabooks, making it ideal for the fast and fluid Windows 8 touch experience by adding a new dimension of control to the notebook human-computer interaction.
"Synaptics is delighted that ForcePad is being recognized with this important award by the Consumer Electronics Association for its innovation and impact in the notebook market," says Godfrey Cheng, Vice President of Marketing for the Human Interface Systems Division. "ForcePad underscores Synaptics' long history of innovation in human interaction in the PC space and we believe it will transform the way people use their notebooks over the next several years."
The Innovations Design and Engineering Awards have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product's intended function and user value
- Unique and novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV