SAN ANTONIO, Texas, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Taco Cabana recently announced it raised more than $73,000 in its annual Taco Treat fundraiser, benefitting the Warrior and Family Support Center (WFSC), and will present a giant check to the organization Thursday during a luncheon ceremony at the WFSC.
The WFSC is located in San Antonio at Brooke Army Medical Center, a national rehabilitation center for wounded military. This is the 2nd consecutive year Taco Cabana has raised funds directly benefitting the center.
During the annual signature fundraiser, Taco Cabana offered guests a booklet filled with five coupons for free bean and cheese tacos in exchange for a $2 donation that directly benefits the WFSC.
"Taco Cabana is committed to giving back to those who have served our nation as members of the military," said Todd Coerver, chief operating officer at Taco Cabana. "Because many of our locations are near military bases, we have several active and retired military personnel among our employees, guests and their immediate families. They are our neighbors and friends and have given so much to protect our freedom. We feel our support of the WFSC is the least we can do to show our appreciation and support."Taco Cabana's participation with the WFSC stretches back several years, with employees volunteering regularly to help cater lunch or dinner for those at the center. "We're very grateful to have the continued support of Taco Cabana," said Judith Markelz, Director of the WFSC. "The generosity of Taco Cabana, its employees and guests help the center maintain its goal towards helping our war veterans and their families find a home away from home while recovering." Donations to the WFSC go toward providing summer and winter camps for the children of wounded warriors, as well as diapers, formula and foods to be shared by Families and Warriors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV