Nominees to Walgreens board of directors include:
- David J. Brailer, MD, PhD, Chairman of Health Evolution Partners
- Janice M. Babiak, former Partner at Ernst & Young
- Steven A. Davis, Chairman and CEO of Bob Evans Farms Inc.
- William C. Foote, Retired Chairman and CEO of USG Corporation
- Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and CEO of The Hertz Corporation
- Ginger L. Graham, President and CEO of Two Trees Consulting
- Alan G. McNally, Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Harris Bank and Former Chairman of the Board of Walgreen Co.
- Dominic Murphy, Partner at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Stefano Pessina, Executive Chairman of Alliance Boots GmbH
- Nancy M. Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Health System
- Alejandro Silva, Chairman and CEO of Evans Food Group, Inc.
- James A. Skinner, Retired Vice Chairman and CEO of McDonald’s Corporation
- Gregory D. Wasson, President and CEO of Walgreen Co.
Chairman Jim Skinner added, “I would like to offer special appreciation to David Schwartz, who has retired from the board after 12 years of service to Walgreens, and to Al McNally for his four years of service as lead director and non-executive chairman of the board. We are grateful that Walgreens will continue to benefit from Al’s leadership and vision on the board.
“I also want to welcome our two newest members, Stefano Pessina and Dominic Murphy, who joined our board following the launch of the strategic partnership between Walgreens and Alliance Boots.”
Ten of the 13 board members are independent, consistent with the requirement in the company’s governance guidelines that a majority of its board be independent.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts