Euro Is Flat Versus Dollar Ahead Of ECB Meeting
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The euro is nearly flat against the dollar ahead of a meeting of the European Central Bank.
The ECB is meeting Thursday to set interest rates. Most economists don't expect the central bank to lower its rates.
Earlier this week, data showed that unemployment in the 17 countries that use the euro rose in November to its highest point since the single currency was founded in 1999.
The euro slipped to $1.3062 in afternoon trading from $1.3084 late Tuesday.The British pound fell to $1.6022 from $1.6059. The dollar rose to 87.75 Japanese yen from 87.19 Japanese yen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV