Euro Is Flat Versus Dollar Ahead Of ECB Meeting
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The euro is nearly flat against the dollar ahead of a meeting of the European Central Bank.
The ECB is meeting Thursday to set interest rates. Most economists don't expect the central bank to lower its rates.
Earlier this week, data showed that unemployment in the 17 countries that use the euro rose in November to its highest point since the single currency was founded in 1999.
The euro slipped to $1.3062 in afternoon trading from $1.3084 late Tuesday.The British pound fell to $1.6022 from $1.6059. The dollar rose to 87.75 Japanese yen from 87.19 Japanese yen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV