Strategy For Detroit's Future Offers Path Forward
DETROIT, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Detroit has a new vision for its future. Today, a broad-coalition of Detroit stakeholders introduced Detroit Future City, a strategic framework for future decision making. The framework was developed to be the catalyst for Detroiters to work collectively to create a prosperous, connected, sustainable, and socially just city for everyone.
The framework builds on Detroit's assets and is separated into six elements – Economic Growth, Land Use, Neighborhoods, Land and Building Assets, City Systems and Civic Engagement. It is a guide for moving the city forward in a comprehensive way including how to:
- best use land, create job growth and economic prosperity,
- ensure vibrant neighborhoods,
- build infrastructure that serves citizens at a reasonable costs, and
- maintain a high level of community engagement that is integral to success .
Grounded in the broadest, deepest, and most comprehensive look at Detroit that's ever been done, including 30,000 conversations with Detroit stakeholders. Detroit Future City is the result of the Detroit Works Project, a long-term planning initiative launched more than two years ago by Mayor Dave Bing."My administration launched the Detroit Works Project to inspire community groups, non-profits, businesses, and philanthropists to get involved in shaping the future of this City," said Mayor Bing. "Along the way, we've assembled a broad coalition of people to guide the Long Term Planning process, while my administration focused on improving Detroit in the Short-Term." Recommendations range from the practical, such as establishing geographic employment districts in already viable sectors, to the visionary, such as developing carbon forests and water retention ponds to achieve multiple benefits like decreasing the burden of city systems to better public health to beatification. Each considers how better land use can help achieve goals that improve the quality of life for all Detroiters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV