BC-Business News Digest
Signs of life
The housing market recovery gained momentum in 2012. Although the final numbers for the year won't be available for a few weeks, key gauges of the housing market's health showed marked improvement from the low levels of 2011. Patrick Newport, an economist at IHS Global Insight, offers forecasts for home prices and that sale of new and previously occupied homes in the year ahead.
GM sets 52-week highGeneral Motors stock reached a 52-week high after CEO Dan Akerson said the company is working with credit rating agencies to raise its status from junk, where it's been since 2005. Akerson said the company's recent $11 billion credit line received investment grade rating, showing that banks are ahead of the ratings agencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV