BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Del Webb has expanded its "lifestyle test drive" nationwide – offering active adults real access to world-class amenities, social events and even the residents themselves. The new Explore Del Webb program offers people age 55+ the opportunity to take the legendary lifestyle for a spin at nearly 50 communities in 20 states.
"Getting a real hands-on experience is very important in the decision-making process of today's Baby Boomers," said Deborah Wahl Meyer, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for parent company PulteGroup, Inc. With many Baby Boomers still working and/or planning to work at least part-time in retirement, Wahl Meyer said the program helps connect potential homebuyers with Del Webb residents who are making the transition to the next phase of their lives. Ms. Wahl Meyer said that the Explore Del Webb has proven to be a great education tool for consumers and that 25 to 45 percent of program participants eventually purchase a new Del Webb home.
"A sales presentation is not enough for these savvy consumers. They really need to experience the lifestyle, which means providing opportunities to mingle with residents on their own terms, access to the amenities, and enjoy the many special events and activities."
Every Explore Del Webb program offers unique features. At Sun City Carolina Lakes near Charlotte, NC, community residents Bob and Donna Meng greet visitors and consider the experience more like a bed and breakfast."Visitors really feel as though they are a part of the community," Bob Meng says. "I can tell they value the fact that we are residents." Baby Boomers appreciate and trust insights from their peers, so one of the key components of Explore Del Webb is the opportunity for visitors to attend events where they can socialize casually with the neighbors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV