Planet Fitness Hits 600th Location
BENTON HARBOR – ST. JOSEPH, Mich., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Planet Fitness, the national gym partner for NBC's The Biggest Loser, opened its 600 th location December 27 th, as the franchise company continues its blazing expansion, with more facilities slated for 2013.
In terms of number of units, Planet Fitness is on pace to become the number one health club company in the United States. Planet Fitness, which is known for its friendly prices and Judgement Free Zone® atmosphere, already has the largest overall membership – with 4 million members total in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Planet Fitness had just four gyms in New Hampshire when the company began franchising in 2003.In addition to bringing on 100+ gyms in 2012, Planet Fitness also partnered with TSG Consumer Partners, LLC, which will allow the brand to grow at an increasingly rapid pace. Prices at Planet Fitness are extremely low – just $10 a month. Besides the unbeatable value, Planet Fitness stands apart from other health clubs by providing a relaxed atmosphere that includes unlimited fitness training with all memberships. Planet Fitness gyms feature a huge selection of cardio machines, including treadmills, ellipticals, and stationary bikes. Cardio areas are equipped with big flat-screen televisions. The gyms also have two full circuits of strength machines, a PF Express 30-Minute Workout, free weights, tanning booths, massage chairs, and full locker rooms. In addition to the $10-a-month membership, Planet Fitness also has the PF Black Card® membership, which costs $19.99 a month and comes with unlimited tanning, unlimited guest privileges, unlimited use of massage chairs and beds, 50 percent off all cooler drinks, and use of all 600+ clubs in the Planet Fitness chain. For more information, please go to www.planetfitness.com. SOURCE Planet Fitness
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV