Federman & Sherwood Investigates Zipcar, Inc. For Possible Breaches Of Fiduciary Duty
The law firm of Federman & Sherwood has initiated an investigation into Zipcar, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZIP) (“Zipcar”) with respect to possible breaches of fiduciary duty by the company’s officers and directors, as well as violations of state law, in connection with the take-over bid offer by Avis Budget Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR) (“AVIS”).
On January 2, 2013, Zipcar announced that it had agreed to be acquired by AVIS, whereby AVIS would acquire all outstanding shares of Zipcar common stock in a cash offer of approximately $12.25 per Zipcar share, or approximately $491.2 million, which from all outward appearances, undervalues the company significantly since analysts have recently given Zipcar a target share price at $13.00 per share, and that the offer price does not offer a large premium to Zipcar shareholders.
Federman & Sherwood is investigating whether: (1) the information being provided to Zipcar shareholders makes all necessary disclosures with respect to the proposed sales transaction; (2) whether the proposed sale to AVIS offers adequate long-term value to Zipcar shareholders; and (3) whether Zipcar could have received a higher per share price for its shareholders had the officers and directors aggressively sought other purchasers for the company.
If you currently own common stock in Zipcar, Inc. and purchased your
shares before January 2, 2013, have information to assist in our
investigation of this transaction, or have any questions or concerns
regarding this notice or preservation of your rights, please contact
William B. Federman. Federman & Sherwood has extensive nationwide
experience in representing investors in securities, derivative and
merger-related shareholder class actions, and has been appointed as lead
counsel in multiple complex cases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV