Cramer Quick Take: A Trillion-Dollar Coin Is Silly
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- These are crazy times when a joke about minting a trillion-dollar coin to end the U.S. debt problems becomes serious, Jim Cramer told TheStreet.com's Debra Borchardt Wednesday.
"I like the fact it's talked about in the context of what the heck is going on in Washington," Cramer added. "But it's silly. What we really need is spending cuts. We got tax increases, now we need spending cuts."
To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here.-- Written by Margo D. Beller in New York. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV