Alliance For Wireless Power (A4WP) Prepares To Bring Next Generation Wireless Power Technology To Consumer Electronics Marketplace; Meets Major Milestones In 2012; Sets Direction For 2013 And Beyond
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP ) today announced completion of several key milestones that will help bring a more flexible wireless power technology to the global marketplace. This includes growing its member base and working with members to approve and release A4WP's wireless power specification. Additionally, A4WP's branding committee prepares to unveil an official, go-to-market name and logo for its wireless power specification and to launch a parallel technical testing and certification program.
Engaging With Market Leaders in Mobile, Wireless and Automotive
Formed in May 2012, the A4WP is a global and independently operated consortium focused on bringing a more flexible wireless power technology to the consumer electronics and automotive marketplace. Today, the A4WP has grown to 30 members including Samsung Electronics, the global leader in mobile devices, and Broadcom, IDT, Qualcomm and Texas Instruments, the world's top mobile semiconductor manufactures.A Path Forward for Wireless Power In October 2012, A4WP's technical working committee approved its flexible wireless power specification. On January 2, 2013, the board of directors approved the technical specification. The specification has been published and is available to all current A4WP members. A4WP's next generation wireless power technology will give manufacturers and industrial designers greater flexibility when integrating wireless power into devices and surfaces, unlike previous generations of wireless power technologies. Key differentiators of A4WP technology include the following:
- Brings true spatial freedom to wireless charging
- Charge multiple devices anywhere on the charging area at the same time
- Charge multiple device types with different power requirements at the same time
- Charge devices without any physical contact within charge area
- Better support the real world manufacturing of wireless power applications in automobiles, furniture and other surfaces
- Meets strict form factor and operating characteristics of the most demanding mobile handset manufacturer
- Leverages existing wireless communication technologies (e.g., Bluetooth) to help minimize hardware requirements
- A video demonstrating A4WP's flexible wireless power can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/b9ppdn9
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV