Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Cramer said Apple is simply over-owned by investors who are still expecting the stock to grow by 30% to 40% a year. That's simply not going to happen, noted Cramer, which is why the stock continues to flounder.
So is a cheaper iPhone the answer? Cramer said a low-end phone certainly helps in China and in other emerging markets around the world, but it will not be the killer product that reignites Apple's stock price.He said Apple is making more of an attempt to be all things to all people, so if another iPhone helps bring people into the Apple ecosystem, he's on board with the decision. Cramer currently owns Apple for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV