SEATTLE, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Horizon Air and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters announced today that the carrier's 610 pilots ratified an agreement to extend the current contract for three years, creating a new six-year pact. Among pilots who voted, 77 percent approved ratification.
"The fact that the extension was achieved three years before the contract became amendable demonstrates the effectiveness of our sincerely collaborative approach with our union-represented workgroups," Horizon President Glenn Johnson said.
The new contract includes wage increases, improvements in productivity and quality of life, and better job security. The extended contract becomes amendable on Dec. 14, 2018, and was originally ratified in November 2010.
"We look forward to working together with the company to help Horizon continue on its path of increasing profitability, which will enable our airline to grow," said Captain Dan Johnston, Horizon Air Executive Council chairman.Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study(SM) for five consecutive years from 2008 to 2012. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Alaska Air Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV