Galena State Bank & Trust has announced that Robert Eby has been named President and CEO. Eby has over 20 years of experience in the banking industry, most recently as Senior Vice President – Credit Officer at Heartland Financial USA, Inc., parent company of Galena State Bank.
Robert Eby (Photo: Galena State Bank)
As President and CEO of Galena State Bank, Eby will be responsible for leading the commercial, retail, investment services and wealth management teams for the bank. He will continue to carry out the bank’s mission of delivering exceptional customer service while developing new business and maintaining the bank’s high level of visibility in its markets throughout Jo Daviess County and northwest Illinois. He will also serve as a member of the bank’s Board of Directors.
“We are excited to welcome Bob to the Galena State Bank team,” said Jerry Murdock, chairman of the Galena State Bank board of directors. “Having worked at Heartland for 6 years, Bob brings a high level of understanding of how Galena State Bank operates and he has embraced our commitment to exceptional customer service.”
Added Drew Townsend, outgoing President and CEO at Galena State Bank, “Bob's management style and leadership philosophy are consistent with our bank’s customer and employee-focused culture. We worked very hard during our search and selection process to ensure that the bank's culture, focus on its communities and client service commitment would be enhanced as the bank moves forward.”Eby’s extensive commercial banking experience encompasses leadership positions in Midwestern banks ranging from small community banks to large regional organizations. He has significant expertise in commercial and agricultural lending, including US Small Business Administration (SBA) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) government-guaranteed loans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV