Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
But that doesn't mean that there aren't bright spots in the market, he continued, stocks like Stryker (SYK), Seagate (STX) and even Alcoa (AA), all of which were all able to surprise Wall Street to the upside.
That's why Cramer continued his week-long series of macro themes that will trump no matter what negativity 2013 may throw at us. Tonight's themes included aerospace and China.Despite a string of problems with Boeing's (BA) 787 Dreamliner this week, Cramer said the need for new planes is still in full effect. Alcoa mentioned during its conference call that there are still some 8,900 planes on order because for the first time in many years airlines have the financing available to buy them. That's why Cramer said he's buying more United Technologies (UTX), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Dr. Ron Cohen, president and CEO of Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR), a biotech firm whose drug Ampyra is helping those with muscular sclerosis regain their mobility. Shares of Acorda are up 15% since Cramer last spoke with Cohen in July. Cohen said that so far about 70,000 patients with MS have tried Ampyra and are having great success, but there are still an estimated 130,000 more who have walking disabilities that can benefit from the drug. Acorda is also in clinical trials testing Ampyra for other indications including cerebral palsy and chronic stroke.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV