Unifi, Inc. (NYSE:UFI), makers of the REPREVE® brand of fibers, announces that REPREVE will be a first-time sponsor of X Games Aspen, which will take place Jan. 24 to 27, 2013. As the proud recycling sponsor of X Games Aspen 2013, the goal is to raise awareness about the significance of recycling plastic bottles and choosing REPREVE-based products. REPREVE is made from recycled materials, including post-consumer plastic bottles, and is an essential ingredient that makes fabrics and garments sustainable.
To help drive awareness, Elena Hight has teamed up with the REPREVE brand to help promote a greener lifestyle. Hight is best known for her progressive riding style and is a decorated X Games Women’s Snowboard SuperPipe medalist. As brand ambassador, Hight will help promote the importance of recycling and choosing products made with REPREVE.
“The X Games is an ideal event to showcase REPREVE, because the recycled fiber goes into many winter sports-related brands including Patagonia, The North Face and Polartec-based products,” said Roger Berrier, President and chief operating officer of Unifi, Inc. “Together with Elena Hight and the X Games, we have a special opportunity to educate consumers on the importance of recycling and the innovative products produced from recycled plastics, providing consumers a new way to lighten their impact on the environment.”
“The environment plays such an important role in winter sports and we can help make a difference by recycling and choosing products made with REPREVE,” said Elena Hight. “Not many people know that REPREVE is a recycled ingredient that makes so many of the clothes we buy eco-friendly. It’s really cool to know that the bottles we recycle at X Games Aspen could actually end up in my clothes.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV