VoltDB, The World's Fastest High-Velocity Database, Launches Volt University
BILLERICA, Mass., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VoltDB, the world's fastest high-velocity database, today announced the launch of Volt University, a comprehensive instructional and certification program for developers of all skill levels to learn how to unlock the full power and potential of VoltDB. Volt University and the Volt Vanguard Certification Program provide enterprise and independent developers worldwide with the insight, tools, and best practices they need to build applications never before imagined, applications that ingest, analyze, and act on incredibly large volumes of data with real-time speed.
Led by VoltDB's own engineering organization, Volt University provides customers, partners, and members of the entire VoltDB Community with a vast portfolio of instructional content, classes, tools, and other resources. The curriculum and supporting material range from beginner to advanced, giving developers at all levels the practical knowledge and support they need to build whatever application they can envision.
"Volt University is designed to inspire and enable innovation broadly," said VoltDB President and CEO Bruce Reading. "Our goal is to unleash the vision, the artistry, the creativity, and the imagination of the VoltDB Developer Community, allowing them to build the next generation of truly disruptive, scalable, high-velocity applications that deliver unique and differentiated business value."Volt University offers three categories of training and development:
- Volt University Online – From live monthly webcasts and on-demand "how to" videos to white papers, tutorials, demonstrations, and code samples, Volt University Online provides users with a substantial library of material to offer inspiration and instruction to create high-velocity applications on VoltDB. Content is available free of charge for all members of the Volt Community. For more on the VoltDB Community, visit: http://voltdb.com/community/community-home.php.
- Volt University Classroom – Administered by the VoltDB engineering team, Volt University Classroom provides in-person instruction for a wide range of topics to help participants realize the potential of VoltDB and build their applications with speed and ease. Classes are offered through a select group of institutions and developer-run organizations, and can be customized and administered for individual groups or businesses on request.
- Volt Vanguard Certification – At the core of Volt University is the Volt Vanguard Certification program, a set of self-paced, online courses that combine instructional content and testing for full VoltDB certification. At the successful conclusion of the program, participants will be certified Volt Vanguards, and will be fully enabled to develop cutting-edge applications of all types using VoltDB. Fees to participate in the Volt Vanguard Certification program begin at $495 for a single student. For more information, please contact the Volt University Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV