The AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation announced Wednesday that it is accepting online applications for the 2013 Connections for Cardiovascular Health SM program, which has provided nearly $11 million in grants to 33 organizations since its inception three years ago. The program each year awards grants of $150,000 and up to US-based nonprofit organizations engaged in charitable work at the community level in support of its mission of improving cardiovascular health in the United States.
To qualify for a Foundation grant, US-based nonprofit organizations must be engaged in charitable work (at the community level or otherwise) that meets four key criteria:
- Addresses cardiovascular health issues within the United States and its territories.
- Recognizes and works to address an unmet need related to cardiovascular health in the community.
- Responds to the urgency around addressing cardiovascular health issues, including cardiovascular disease or conditions contributing to cardiovascular disease.
- Improves the quality of patients’ and non-professional caregivers’ lives in connection with the services provided and work done.
Foundation grant applications that describe innovative initiatives with clearly defined outcomes and measurable results and processes will be considered for funding. Applicants must demonstrate sustainability plans for the initiative so that the program can continue to improve cardiovascular health after the Foundation grant funds are expended.
In 2012, the Foundation awarded more than $4.4 million in grants to 22 organizations to improve cardiovascular health in their communities.Organizations can submit online applications for the program from Friday, Feb. 1 through Thursday, Feb. 28 at 5:00 p.m. EST. A preview of this year’s application questions as well as a completed sample application are available. For more information on the Foundation and how to apply for a grant, visit http://www.astrazeneca-us.com/foundation. About AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation Established in 1993, the AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation is a Delaware not-for-profit corporation and a 501(c)(3) entity organized for charitable purposes, including to promote public awareness of healthcare issues, to promote public education of medical knowledge, and to support or contribute to charitable and qualified exempt organizations consistent with its charitable purpose.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts