The worst performers were Raven Industries (RAVN) down 17%, and Monro Muffler and Brake (MNRO), down about 9%. The only other names in negative territory were Sensient Technologies (SXT) down 6%, Men's Wearhouse (MW) down 6%, and Republic Bancorp (RBCAA) down 5%.
While relative outperformance was not spectacular last year versus the indices, this screening technique is worth repeating, at least in my view. I'll be developing a new list of names that meet the criteria, which I'll publish in the near future.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV